Shivpuri is a medium sized town in North of Madhya Pradesh state in Central India. It is close to Gwalior city in Madhya Pradesh. It is an ancient town and sacred place for Hindus in India. In past it was known by the name of Sipri. It current name "Shivpuri" is derived from hindu God Lord Shiva. Simple meaning of "Shivpuri" is "City of Lord Shiva".
Above are some examples of the craftsmanship that can bee seen.
If we go by history of this town, its reference came in Mughal era when Mughal emperors use to visit dense forest of Shivpuri for hunting & camping. In year 1564, mighty mughal emperor Akbar captured herds of elephants for his stables and used at his capital. Later it became part of Marathas and became part of Scindia dynasty of Gwalior State. Its importance raised when it came under Scindia dynasty and most of the historical monuments that we see today here are made by Scindia rulers.
The Scindia Chhatris at Shivpuri are one of the important tourist attraction for visitors. They were made during the ruling of Scindia dynasty in memory of Scindia rulers.